PAYING FOR A COLLEGE EDUCATION IS ONE OF THE FIRST MAJOR FINANCIAL DECISIONS A STUDENT WILL MAKE.
Starting in the Fall of 2020, New Mexico State University (NMSU) will be implementing a fixed payment plan managed by University Accounts Receivable (UAR). The payment plan will have scheduled payment installments designed to help a student manage the costs and pay balances by the end of the semester.
FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
- Students will be required to enroll in the payment plan when the current semester outstanding balance is
$200 or more.
- A separate application is required for each term a student wishes to use the payment plan.
- Payment plans will only be available to students enrolled in the current semester.
For Fall 2020, you can start enrolling on August 3rd.
- The deadline for enrolling in the payment plan will be the last day to drop (census date) for the current semester.
- There will be a non-refundable, $25 application fee.
- Fall and spring semester payment plans will have five payments and the summer plan will have three payments.
- The first payment will be due at the time of enrollment.
- The remaining payments will be due by the 15th of each month.
- There will be a $10 fee charged to a student’s account for each late, partial or missed payment.
- Payment amounts are subject to change if a student makes class schedule changes.
- A student cannot have a prior semester balance greater than $2,500.
- To avoid dis-enrollment students must:
- have a prior balance of less than $2,500
- be enrolled in the payment plan
- have paid their first payment
Students should complete any requirements to receive financial aid as soon as possible to ensure awarded funds are available to use toward their financial charges.
- Students who have not completed their financial aid arrangements in time to receive their awards by the due date MAY need to enroll in a payment plan.
ACTIVE DUTY AND VETERAN STUDENTS
Please contact MVP with questions specific to your situation as they relate to the payment plan.
Click HERE for frequently asked questions (FAQs). If your question still is not answered, please contact the UAR staff overseeing the Payment Plan at email@example.com